How do you feel about wic?

Amy

I’m just curious as to how ppl feel about this. Do you think that mothers should have to at least attempt to breastfeed before they can be offered the formula? Or should have a good reason for not breastfeeding like their bodies just won’t let them or whatever it may be? Now I’m very thankful for the program because I had to use it with my first baby but I just wonder how others feel. Like why should ppl have to pay (even if it’s a tiny amount) for your child to eat when you produce the best milk anyway and it’s FREE for everybody. I understand we can’t make ppl breastfeed if they don’t want to but should they be able to just get wic since they don’t WANT to breastfeed? I can see both sides but it doesn’t really seem fair for others to have to pay for something that’s free. I know someone who gets wic because she doesn’t want to breastfeed her baby because she doesn’t want to stop smoking weed. She smoked during her pregnancy too. I’m just thinking like if you can afford all this weed you can afford formula. I don’t want to go on about the whole smoking thing that’s a different topic but it just doesn’t seem right to me & I’m someone who did use wic. Opinions?