Why doesn't anyone talk about this?

Zo

I'm a first time mom here 🙋🏻 my baby is 3 weeks old.

I noticed that barely anyone I know or things I've read online talk about how to cope/survive the first few weeks with a newborn when it comes to sleep & sleep deprivation!!

Every time I ask a mom how she coped or what did she do in order to survive with very little sleep, they don't give me a clear answer! They just say it'll get worse as baby gets older or that I'll get used to not sleeping. Umm..that answer doesn't really help at all!

Why is it that there aren't any actual helpful tips/experiences that tells you how to survive those first few weeks, specially if you're a first time parent?!

I personally am struggling with the whole sleeping thing and I know they say sleep whenever the baby is sleeping, but the problem is that I absolutely CANNOT sleep when the baby is sleeping! I over worry & the littlest sounds he make (including breathing sounds) make me jump on my feet to check on him!

Sadly, the only way I'm getting any sleep at all is if my mom or my husband watch the baby while I get some sleep.

Or I drink lots of coffee to try & stay awake through the night

It's exhausting & it doesn't help at all that no one gives solid advice or even talk about it!