Early labor

Megan

So I went to the hospital last night after 10 hours of timing my contractions. I started in the triage room where they checked me and said my cervix was only 1 cm dilated and 40% effaced so told me to walk around for an hour and they’d check me again. We walked, I had contractions that I could barely stand through, and then went back to triage to get checked. They sent in the biggest nurse I’ve ever seen with mammoth sized hands. After a very painful check she said I’m about the same but she didn’t want to send me home until someone else checked. I’m sorry, what? Yet another hand up my vag in one night? No thank you. Well 5 minutes later a tiny mousy nurse walks in and tries to reach my cervix. She has the same troubles everyone else does, but declares me the same and they go to talk to the doctor.

They offered me pain meds and sent me home telling me not to come back until I cannot speak through the contractions. I’m now afraid that I’m going to have this baby at home because I don’t want to go back too early again. 😑 good thing I only live 5 minutes from the hospital.