HERPES AND BABY. Please help!!!!!

Cindy

This is the story, some time ago my MIL came to live with us because she was having issues at the place she was living, honestly my husband never had a real relationship with her because he grew up with his dad after she abandoned him when he was little but we felt sorry for her and took her in, but that's another story.

The point is, i just found out she has herpes that she caught from one her ex husbands, it just came up on a random conversation with my husband, the more I think about the fact my husband didn't tell me about this before the more upset I get, like if im bringing someone that has an STD to live here I would at least have the decency of telling you, you know what I mean?

But that's not the main issue, my husband knows she has genital herpes and he is 90% sure that she has oral herpes too yet he shares cigarettes and joints with her. Im 17 weeks pregnant with our first child, and honestly I've been reading a lot of junk online and I don't want this lady kissing or changing my baby or even holding him now.

Her other daughter in law didn't even want her changing her babies and I never knew why, I guess now i know.

I guess I just want some input on the matter to feel more at ease with this situation, like how easy is to pass the HSV 1 to a baby and stuff 😭

And I know if I try to have this convo with my husband is going to turn into an argument