MIL Trouble

Diana

Sup y'all. I just need to vent a little. So, my wedding was last Saturday and my mother in law didn't show. In fact, my mom was the only parent present. My husband's dad is currently detained so he couldn't go but his fiancée came and took pictures so she could print them up for his dad and because she was there, my husband was able to talk to his dad before the ceremony. It bothered me the day after (bc I wasn't going think about it on that day and let her ruin our day) that we were happy crying at the altar and dancing at the reception and taking awesome photos while she was perfectly fine and sitting at home. Why would she think that was okay to miss out on a day that is super important to her son?? I just don't understand. My husband went to visit her yesterday to drop off some money and she started telling him about how she felt disrespected bc his dad's "tramp" was invited. I was like, you didn't even go how does that affect you in any way?? My husband told her "how do you think I felt when you decided not to come?" And she said something about how he should have spoken up and told her that it was really important to him that she should be there. Do y'all see where I'm coming from? Why would he beg her to go, after she explained to him all the reasons she didn't want to go?? And I wasn't there but then she started talking trash about my mom! Saying that she looked like a clown the way her makeup was done and it makes me want to cry bc my mom has been a mom to both my husband and I and she would never say anything like that about anyone. My mom is a fitness instructor so you can imagine how many people are jealous of her looks and figure. My mom tried getting along with my mother in law but she says that she always starts talking about how irresponsible and bad her son is and talks about me and bad mouths her ex husband. She's told her 6yr old daughter that her dad doesn't love her anymore and that he's gonna forget about her and love his fiancées daughters instead. She's ALWAYS talking shit. You can never have a normal conversation with her. I don't know what to do I just feel hurt. I already had to cut off my dad bc he was similar. I can't cut off my mother in law for my husband, that's his mom. But I don't want her negativity around, you know?

She blocked me on Facebook and I blocked her back bc when she decides to unblock me, I don't want her seeing any of my posts or my moms posts and have anything as fuel to talk badly about us to anyone. And when my husband stands up for me and my mom, his mom always says "you're never on my side. I'm always the monster" and I'm here like, YES. YOU ARE. My mom has never talked about her or even thinks about her ever.

Idk y'all, what do I do? Got any advice? I'm just tired and sad and angry that we've dealt with this for 5 years.