Is this bullsh*t or what??

So. I got a bill from a collection agency last night. For $4000. Says it's from my inpatient hospital stay. Which I thought I had paid off a YEAR ago.

I had been paying that bill. But couldn't afford it so I filled out their financial assistance form. And I assumed it had gone through since the next and LAST bill I got from the hospital was only for $700 (instead of $4000). And I paid off that $700 last year. And then heard nothing else about it - no calls, no emails, no bills, nothing. Until just fucking now.

So I called the hospital. And she said that my financial assistance application was denied. The $700 bill I got was for the doctor and not the hospital stay (they are billed separately). My hospital bill was sent to collections in 2016. And she has no idea why it's taken them OVER A YEAR to send me anything.

beyond pissed. Collections wants $350 per month minimum. And I can't afford that. Not even close. I'm fucked. And I feel like it isn't really my fault. The bill got sent to collections because I missed 2 payments. Because how am I supposed to make payments if they never sent me a bill or location to send the payments to?!? And never told me my application was denied - i thought this had all been over with already because no one contacted me. 😡😭

Vote below to see results!