Missed Miscarriage. D&C in 4 days

Tonya
This was my second pregnancy and second miscarriage. The first I miscarried at about 4-5 weeks in April 2014. One night it just happened. It was very upsetting. A year later unexpectedly I'm pregnant again. Both of us were overjoyed. I went for my first ultrasound at 9 weeks. The doctor could not find a heartbeat. I went in again two days later and a different doctor tried again but still no sign of life. Seeing my baby on the monitor made this a lot more difficult to handle. My body doesn't realize the baby isn't living. This is called a missed miscarriage. My d&c isn't for another 4 days. So I get to experience all of my pregnancy symptoms and carry around the baby for the next couple of days when he/she isn't even alive. This is far worse than when I lost the first overnight. It's hard to explain this loss into words. How can you be so incredibly sad about losing the baby you never met. They're a part of you, a bond that makes the loss so significant. 
The doctor has ordered tests to see why this keeps happening to me. I'm hopeful for some answers. I'm scared of this happening the next time and that I won't be able to get excited about getting pregnant in the future.