Staff discouraging unmediated birth

I had my first baby natural on accident. He was 27wks and came very quickly. It was a traumatic experience of being told to close my legs and not push. I tore because they held my legs together waiting for the NICU team to arrive.

I’m now pregnant with my second and I honestly would have never considered an unmedicated birth before what happened with my first. But I did it and recovery was easy. Though I remember thinking I don’t know how people do this with a full term baby, a long labor, or a broken water. Ouch! I discussed my thoughts on going natural with my OB and also my friend who works on my L and D floor. Both told me how annoying natural births are since Mom wants to move around and it makes their job harder and longer. The Hospital i have to deliver at doesn’t even have bath tubs or aids for moms. They have ONE blow up tub for the entire floor and they discourage moms from using it if they can. (No I can not change hospitals, to a birthing center, or home birth due to my high risk pregnancy)

It’s so discouraging to feel like you probably could do it natural. I mean, our bodies are made to so this. I’m looking at hiring a doula - But to know the staff is rolling eyes, unsupportive, and tapping their toes outside my door sure makes everything in my body tense up (prolonging and hardening labor). It’s sickening that I feel like I should get an epidural so I can “actually enjoy childbirth” and “make it easier on everyone including yourself”

Sorry it’s long, I had to vent