3 hour glucose test 😖

Well here’s what happened. I got there and everything was fine. They told me I had to get poked 4 times and that kinda pumped me out. But whatever. They draw my blood before I drink the higher sugar dosage drink. And then after the first draw I drink the drink. So I do. I feel fine. I walk back out to the lobby and go through my emails. Ten minutes later im getting extremely dizzy and I can’t hear out of my right ear, my vision is completely blurry, and I’ve never sweated so much, so fast in my life. I was having a reaction to the drink.

The lady who drew my blood was name Lisa and that’s the only name I knew so I screamed her name and she ran out and I said “ I’m not feeling very I’m about to pass out” her and four other workers help me. By this time they are talking to me but I have no clue what they are saying. They try to get me to a bed in the back and that’s where I stayed for the next 3 hours. Motionless. They drew my blood there and everything. I didn’t move.

I have never felt anything like that in my life. My mom picked me up after because i still didn’t feel good. We got food and I started eating and I had another gnarly hot flash. Drips of sweat running down my face. After breakfast we got my dogs and I went back to my moms house so she can keep an eye on me and I slept for like 2-3 hours after already sleeping for 3 hours at a pathology center.

I got a voicemail this morning and one hour of the four draws were extremely high. It was 199 and it was suppose to be below 180. She told me that I pass the criteria of not having gestational diabetes but she was wondering if I wanted to see a dietitian. I don’t know what a dietitian will do if I had a bad reaction to the drink. 🤷🏻‍♀️

My doctor says I passed so I donno.

Also they gave me a higher dose glucose drink. With more sugar content. I don’t know if that was bad on their part but my stomach was already empty from fasting. I don’t know if that’s how they usually do it but 🤷🏻‍♀️