Need help w/ baby bro

Sa

Say hello to this little sunshine. This is my younger brother Yousef. He just turned eight and I’m about seven years older than him.

The whole family situation is complicated so when ever I’m at his house (I’m tech his half-sister) I’m in charge of making sure homework is done, he eats, and that he’s all ready for the week. I’ve noticed he has a really hard time dealing with anger and it’s getting worse. He gets so worked up over the smallest things and begins to cry and sometimes hit. I’ve been doing research on some strategies to help him cope with his anger and have been encouraging him to talk about what’s bothering him. We’ve made some progress but it’s still pretty bad. I’m over at his house three times a week for a majority of the day. We’ve done breathing exercises, counting exercises, and removing him from the situation. The hardest thing would be to make sure that uses what ever strategies we work on.

Do you guys have any tips on how I can help him with this? Any strategies to try and control anger? Mainly teach him how to diffuse situations on his own. I would GREATLY appreciate it. Thanks!!