Pap smear - abnormal results?

C 💕

(Sorry, not sure where to post this) i posted about this last night but it was that weird time where no one was really on and I didn’t get any responses so I’m gonna try one more time. 🤞🏻

At my six week checkup after having my son, my doctor did a Pap smear since I haven’t had one done before and I turned 21 while pregnant. I had it done last Thursday, and yesterday her office called me. The nurse said that the results were abnormal. I have “high grade cells” on my cervix. They want me to come back in two weeks so they can use a microscope to get a better look at my cervix and depending on what they find, possibly need to do biopsies.

Now I was in a hurry, my little guy isn’t feeling well and I had a car appointment and a few other errands to do yesterday so I scheduled the appointment and got off the phone.

Well my mom is a nurse and I brought it up to her to see if she knew what it could possibly be. I asked what causes high grade cells and she said that it’s usually cancer or pre-cancer. Now cancer is very common in my family, about 1 in 4 of my relative have some type of cancer. She said that of course it could be other things, but obviously I’m still worried.

Im trying to stay off google and keep my mind off it.

Does anyone have experience with high grade cells, or know anyone that was told they have high grade cells on their cervix? What did it turn out to be? I want good and bad news stories, just so I kinda have an idea of what I’m in for!

I’m holding on to the thought that morning is wrong but I swear every time I see my doctor she’s got more bad news! 😂😩