Cholestasis during pregnancy, now possibly PUPP rashes

Kellie

I was diagnosed with Cholestasis at week 38 and that day they induced me. I had this condition since month 4 in my pregnancy. It was all over my body except my chest and belly. Basically it's a liver condition during pregnancy that result in rashes. I was told it would clear after birth... 5 weeks late I still have it. It is worst!

Went to my family doctor who ran the test on Cholestasis again; normal level so it is"gone." I do have hyperthyroidism; count are normal. He referred me to an allergist; ran tests: I'm not allergic to any food but they found out I have low sensitivity to my dog but it should not result in this rash. She then referred me to a dermatologist since she said it is internal. The derm did a biopsy and ruled me out for some really bad skin rashes but doesn't know what I have.

As of this week, the rashes now take over my belly, buttocks and chest... slowly going into my face. It looks a lot of PUDD rash now. I have my 6 week post partum appt next Monday. All the doctors said since I'm nursing, there are limited options and they think stop nursing would cure me but can't guarantee it...

I'm being prescribed Allegra and topical cream, Benadryl at night to go to bed. I'm okay to take oatmeal bath and dry skin lotion. I also use a cold compressor to numb the itches. Nothing is working! When it does flare up, I'm terribly miserable. Pretty much every night I have to take a Benadryl.

EDIT: I live in PA. It's cold here :)

WHEN DOES IT GO AWAY??? Could anything else be done that you know of?