wedding etiquette

Britt

Recently there has been talk of marriage... BUT things have been changing not for my SO and I but because my sibling is getting Married but we dont want to step on toes. ---------------------------------------------------------- Now there are a handful of months still left before sisters wedding. Is it rude to get engaged before a siblings wedding, and what is considered "Before" a wedding. the day before? a week before? a month before? two months before? idk but I thought more than two months before is fine, am I wrong or did I miss some sort of memo? ----------------------------------------------------------------- BACKGROUND INFO - For me I just don't want to pause my life just because someone, one of my many siblings, are getting married. (plus they were engaged like 6 years) Anyway to make matters more complicated we live far from our homestate so it would likely be the first time we see my immediate family, even with many months. I think the proposal would be fine before (with at least 2 months) but boyfriend thinks that would be stepping on toes. am i out of line? I am not fond of getting engaged before the holidays like November or December but if someone had a good experience before the holidays regarding proposals Id like to hear it.

Vote below to see results!