Back at CrossFit and I’m sooooo happy!!

Simone • Mama since Feb 2020 • In love • Dog mum • Australian • 31 • Beautiful daughter plus three angel babies

I did CF for a couple of years but I moved in with my partner an hour away from my box. I tried to go to CF regularly but it just wasn’t happening so I left CF 18 months ago. I figured that since exercise was a big part of my life and I was so motivated that I could just keep up the same sort of stuff at home. So I bought a squat rack, barbell, bumper plates, kettle bells, dumb bells etc. we already had a rower and treadmill.

Not only did I not ever workout with the same intensity that I did with CF classes, but I rarely worked out at all. I lost soooo much fitness over the last 18 months and practically became a couch potato.

Today was my first class back and I loved it. I was sweaty and puffing after the warm up. My muscles woke up, my lungs woke up, my brain woke up. I’m just so damn happy to be back. I’m embarrassed that I’m so unfit and practically starting from scratch, but I’m so excited to get back to the fitness level I was at before, and even fitter.