So glad I went to the doctor

Alicia • Mother of an angel 👼🏼 🐘 • 🌈👶🏼 Soren born 1/5/19

On Wednesday, I had my first ultrasound, measuring at 6w 4d. Since my previous pregnancy resulted in MC I was extremely anxious to go.

I can already tell that this baby is SO much healthier.

Baby #1 we named willow. She’s the bottom photo on the dream catcher. Both scans were around the 6wk mark, and after seeing them side by side my boyfriend and I believe that we had already started to lose her around 6wk due to how much smaller she was than rainbow baby. They didn’t find a heart beat at the 6wk scam but brushed it off as normal due to being so early. But when I returned for the 8wk scan they knew there was no growth or light flicker like last time, therefore they knew I was going to MC in the following days.

2 months later I am pregnant again, today being 7wk. My first scan on rainbow baby was nerve wracking, I arrived early to fill out paperwork and then had to wait 30 mins past my appt time due to low staffing. The staff knew of my previous loss and did their best to see me promptly and alleviate m stress. Finally it was time. I reached over for my boyfriends hand as we looked at the monitor and watched our little bean flicker and move. They took photos & measured the heart beat @122 “is that enough?” I said, as the nurse assured me “yes, that is plenty!!” And we all finally had a sigh of relief.

When she left the room for me to get dressed my boyfriend said “you can tell she was relieved too!” I was so happy that him & I both felt safe, supported, and relieved at this appointment.

During the scan she also noticed there was a blood clot far away from the new baby. She pointed it out to me & wanted me to know that it would likely come out & not to be worried. That simple gesture made such a difference when it finally came out today.

We had sex this morning, after which i saw some blood & panicked for a short moment. After looking at him, I immediately said “remember what she said tho” and took a few deep breaths before getting up and dealing with it. He came to the bathroom with me and assured me that it was dark, old blood, and there’s no way anything happened in 3 days since we have seen baby.

I’m so thankful to have such an amazing support system & be able to keep myself from overwhelming myself with negative thoughts.

Positive energy to all mommas pregnant with their rainbow baby!