Mental health.. where do I start?

ca

Hey guys, so long story short over the past two years my anxiety has gone through the roof. I’m not sure what label you want to put on it, anxiety, depression, whatever. All I know is that it keeps me from talking to people, interviews, important social situations, etc, make me very nervous to the point my hands and head will start shaking. (Not a good job interview impression). I’m a veterinary assistant, and was turned down from promotions because they didn’t think I could mentally handle some situations. I guess I’m jittery? Sometimes I’ll be so unhappy with myself or just exhausted of life I can’t even get out of bed.

I don’t know anything about this, being nervous in certain situations is normal right? But normal people also know how to keep their cool, and when to pick themselves up and not be so gloomy or numb, whatever the best wording may be. Is this something I should go see about? I don’t wanna be put on a supper addicting pill, I don’t have insurance, and I’m between jobs right now, I’m not really sure what to do, or if what I’m feeling is just human and not a big deal?