Ready to be judged but I need to talk.

So, I’ve been dating my boyfriend for a year, and I already love him so much. He’s my favorite person. He hasn’t had a job in the time we’ve been together because of some issues that aren’t really important to this story. We don’t get to see each other very often (1 or 2 times a month, sometimes for 2 days at a time) because of gas money (I have a job, but do not drive. He drives but did not have a job).

He just got a job and he starts this coming week. I am incredibly proud of him and excited for him to start this new chapter. But I’m kind of anxious at the same time. I am a worrier by nature which doesn’t help. We live in very small towns & he’ll have to drive almost an hour into a fairly populated, dangerous town for work. On top of that, will be parked in a parking garage and will be leaving late at night. He’s a fully grown man and he can obviously take care of himself, I just worry.

Another thing worrying me is how much we’ll be able to talk/see each other now. That sounds really childish, I am aware, but I’m used to talking to him pretty much all day. I’m going to miss him terribly.

I realize how terrible all of this sounds, and am fully aware that it isn’t healthy behavior. But you’ve got to cut a girl some slack. This is new & I worry. I haven’t said anything to him about it, as he worked really hard to get the job and told me a few nights ago that the main reason he got the job was for me. I feel terrible and honestly just need to have a chat about it.