Need advice. Please help

Bella

I’ve been in a long distance relationship with this guy for about six months. We’ve never met in person before. In the past our relationship has been very toxic. He’s extremely clingy and wants to text all the time. But I’m very independent and like to be alone at times. And I hate being on my phone when I’m out with family or friends. But whenever I try to say that I’m not gonna be on my phone he gets upset. And he borderline monitors my social media’s and when I’m on my phone. Like if I say I’m not gonna be texting him for a bit, and then post to sc just like a really quick thing of whatever I’m doing cuz I like to record memories, he’ll get really upset. And he doesn’t like when I talk to my friends a lot. He says he doesn’t mind but I can tell that he does. He’s always said that it’s because of his anxiety and because he’s been cheated on a treated badly by past girlfriends. Which like I have bad anxiety too but it shouldn’t be a reason to treat me like this. I’ve tried to leave him in the past but he threatened suicide and I didn’t know what to do so I gave him a second chance. Just recently I tried to leave again and he threatened suicide once again even tho he said he’d never do that to me again. And it ended with me calling the cops because it’s long distance so I couldn’t go there myself. He said a lot of hurtful things to me too. And tbh it really messed me up. Like just thinking about what happened makes me feel so anxious and it’s like I have trauma now. I said I’d think about giving it another chance. And he said he’d change and become a better person and so far he has been. But at this point idek if I’m considering staying because I really want to or because I’m scared. I’m wondering if even if he does change, have I gone through too much to continue our relationship? Is it okay for me to feel like that? Ever since he threatened suicide the last time, my mental health has been horrible and I’ve just been filled with anxiety. I don’t know what to do. I’m scared of what will happen if I do end up trying to leave again. I don’t really have friends or family that I can talk to about this so I’d appreciate any feedback.