Very confusing period

Stephanie • I am 32 and married to my wife Ashley. We are both new to this experience. We both wish baby dust to all.
Hello ladies, so this month has been very emotional for me. This is my first time ttc and so I ovulated on 7/13 and had an <a href="https://glowing.com/glow-fertility-program">IUI</a>. I feel it was successful. So as I was inseminated, I began my tww.  AF is due 7/27, I was hoping she wouldn't show, however during my tww I've noticed changes in my body that I've never noticed before, at least I believe I've never noticed, but because this is my first time ttc I documented everything that I felt was different. Do I'm assuming I mistook early pregnancy symptoms for pms. Anyways long story short, on Sunday 7/26 I started spotting, I've never spotted before my period ever and at that point I was 13dpiui, it very light and bright in color and had a lot of mucus. It stayed that way throughout the entire day. 7/27 and there's still light spotting. As the day progressed the spotting started to get heavier and darker. Finally around 1:00pm it was very dark and had little clots, so I figure yup it's my period, however, it was not my usual period. I had no cramps just a slight twinge in my abdomen. So as the day progressed it became consistent on being a light period. My periods since I was nine never consisted of spotting and my first day is always heavy. So that Monday evening the glow stopped. On 7/28 I began to spot again and since then it's just been spotting and then stops. Can someone please explain if this is normal? Is this still a chance for implantation? My period always lasts 7 days and is heavy the first 2 days in.  The color is always dark, but this cycle it's still bright red with a few clots here and there. During my tww I took tests but they were BFN. I'm just really confused and what to know other people's opinions. The earliest my doctor can see me is Monday so I'm just waiting to see what is going on.  I'm just hoping I still have a chance that I might be pregnant. In my family all the women on my father's side all bleed thoughtout there pregnancies, even my two younger sisters with each of their pregnancies they bled as well. So could that be a possibility for me?