Concerns, looking for some opinions

Lauren

Hey guys,

I am 31 years old, have been married for 5 years and have been with my husband for 11 years. We both have stable jobs, a nice home, and have lived our lives to the fullest. We go on regular vacations, have done home renovations, bought things that we want, and just all around enjoy life. I have recently stopped taking my birth control because my husband wants a baby. I’m not completely opposed, but there is no feeling inside me that makes me feel like I need to have a baby. In general, I feel like if I never had a baby, I wouldn’t be upset about it, and if I did have one, I would be ok with that too. Sooo I am a nurse, I worked in Peds for 5 years and now I am a labor and delivery nurse. I can’t help but feel like my career path certainly adds to the general anxiety I have about having a baby. There’s so many factors that come into play with this decision. I also don’t want to have a baby after the age of 35, which only gives me about 3.5 years to do this... just looking for some opinions about the general decision to become pregnant. Does everyone have the feeling that they HAVE to have a baby? Is it normal for me to feel like I don’t need one? Does this feeling mean I shouldn’t have a baby? All answers are appreciated. Thanks so much!