Just need to vent...

Kaitlynn

My daughter, our first child, was born nearly 7 weeks ago. She is the first grandchild for my mom and first great grandchild on my dad's side. Since I've been pregnant, my grandma on my dad's side had been smothering me, from calling me every single day, to sending me 50 texts a day giving me ideas for names for my daughter, to even trying to sneak into the delivery room when I told her I just want it to be me and my husband. My parents knew what my wishes were and respected them. My grandma did not, and I had to almost have her thrown out. Fast forward to now when just today I've been asked by not only my grandma, but my mom, too come for a visit. Now, my grandma lives maybe an hour away, not too bad but with a newborn that cant handle more than 25 min car rides, it's a nightmare. My mom on the other hand lives 5 hours away from me and in another state, and she asked me to drive over for a visit because she doesn't have the money to drive down. Why does everyone expect me to drop everything and make that drive to visit family?? Wasn't it a thing that people should visit us?? And I've told each of them that my daughter can't handle the rides they are asking me to take, but are still insisting we go visit.. idk what to do but I just need to vent..