Apartment with Boyfriend

Reagan

Next summer my boyfriend and I are planning on getting an apartment together. I will be 19 he will be 21. We’ve been together for almost 3 years but a few months ago his family moved 1200 miles away. We are 100% committed to each other and know each other is “right”. We just have that feeling. Part of the reason for this is him wanting to be closer to me and it’s about time to move out of his parents house anyway. My reason for this is my mom just got married and is living 2.5 hours north at her husbands place(new job). So eventually the place I call home will be sold. As she starts her new chapter I kinda feel like this is my cue to also start a newish chapter as I’d prefer to not live with them. It just makes more sense to stay year round in the city where I go to college (I wanna take summer classes too) and also the city where my boyfriend can get a good job. I’m kind of scared to mention this to my mom because she has been overprotective in the past. But hey at least she let me fly all alone to visit my bf so maybe she trusts me more now.

It just makes more sense to get a place together. I’m ready for the next step in my life. I’m looking for advice on how to mention this to my mom without her feeling bad or plain ole not supporting it. Sorry about the length/crappy punctuation.