Dating an older man...

This is the 1st time I get interested in someone older than me. (10 year difference) and I honestly don’t know how to read this man I don’t know what to expect from him or if I should straight out ask him what are his intentions, a little back story... we meet at work we don’t work in the same department most of the time I don’t even see him at all. He has been very very respectful he compliments me all the time and joke around with me. We have hung out twice the 1st time it was just talk we didn’t even get close to each other. The second time we started good but by the end of the date things got pretty hot and we made out but after it was getting intense he stopped saying he was going to behave that night. After that idk how to feel, I feel good around him I feel safe, confident, comfortable but I don’t want to get attached without knowing what he thinks or wants.. you ladies think I should straight out asking what he wants what are his intentions or should I just keep getting involve to see where things go... I would hate to get attached and things fall apart Bc Since we work together it will be hard and awkward. Idk what do you all think?