Was it wrong of me?

First month ttc. And we’ve had a mix of results on at home pregnancy test. First 2 positive but very early after ovulation. The rest we took have all been negative. Caused a ton of stress and upset the both of us. My thought it was a chemical anywho I still had high hopes so I’ve also taken tests on my own which of course all said negative so I never even brought them up. I even went as far as buying a cheapie without his knowledge just knowing it’d be positive 4 days before AF. I kinda wanted to surprise him with some good news and to just see his reaction. And get a video. And all that good stuff. Well when he asked where all the test were I said I took them. He was really upset and said even though they were negative he still wanted to be a part of it. That I lied to him about it and wasn’t honest. I don’t feel I lied in a way. I wasn’t intentionally hiding them but I also didn’t tell him that the like 3 extras were all negative I took without his knowledge. Kinda upsetting but either way they’re all negative. I’m not pregnant. And we’re pretty much done ttc over this because if I can’t be honest and include him in everything including ever test then how can I be honest about anything else... I feel so stupid over this