Rant - Husband's Grandparents (Adults or Toddlers in Disguise)

Arizona • Married💍 | 21 | Mom of two under two and one on the way

Ok so I'm just going to start off with the fact that my husband and I do live with his family until we can find a better place. We share a room with our one year old daughter.

Now our daughter has been off and on co sleeping with us since she was born. At 4 months & again at 6 months I sleep trained her to soothe her self in a crib.

Then she got older and a little sassy. Not wanting to listen to anything especially the word no. Which I know is normal so it's fine.

But then she started waking up 3-4 times a night and wouldn't go back to sleep unless we held her. Again it's ok but it's been months now I'm concerned she doesn't know how to self soothe anymore which is kind of important.

And I just don't want her in bed with me. I love her and do like snuggling but she takes up the whole bed and needs to go

So that being said let's get to the juicy stuff. Last night I (attempted) to start the sleep training. Before I get into that.

I personally like the cry it out method cause it works faster and I never leave for more then five minutes besides after about ten she's tired enough that I go in and help her a little with another sleep method I like. So I'm not being cruel and I know she's confused but in my eyes she has learn to sleep on her own.

Now comes my husband's grandparents. His grandmother his just my favorite (note sarcasm).

One minute in she gets upset so I apologise "Saying I'm sorry it's bothering her but this is the way I want to do it" (Let me be clear I've tried many other methods before this but she takes 40 mins - and hour to go to sleep at night and during naps, it's ridiculous)

She gets mad and starts saying a whole bunch of things like she's going to call CPS, which she has done before.

Then I get mad. She continues on talking saying things like, "we never did this with my kids" "this is abuse" amoung other things.

I try to be calm explaining why I want to do this such as I don't want her in my bed anymore and she looks at me like it's the worst possible thing to want and threatens to call CPS again.

So fed up I go into the room and pick my daughter up slamming the door. Then I hold her for the next 40 mins way past her bedtime and she just lays with her eyes open. Not sleeping, nothing. Defeated and upset she ends up sleeping with us in bed.

I just want what's best for my daughter and she needs to learn to self soothe.

Also his grandmother talk this way all the time about everything. It's getting to me. All in all I loothe my husband's family and can't wait to leave so I never have to see or speak to them again.

PS. Even when co sleeping she wakes up constantly.