I want to lose weight but my issue with food is stopping me from reaching my goals. An uncommon problem.

Therese

To start out I am 17 years old, 5”5, and weight 165 . Both of my parents have type 2 diabetes and I am TERRIFIED of getting it since I do have a high chance of getting it since my weight is not at healthy spot and also because it is genetic ( I have a dark neck and I don’t remeber having that before! It’s a sign !)

I use to weigh a stable 150 but it has ballooned up to 165 since I ate too much of the wrong things. I was on track to losing all of it but I only lost 5 pounds before I overate again and gained some more. Eating food is very rough for me especially since for my weight and height I should be eating 1200 - 1500 to lost 2 pounds per week, but it is very hard because at least 90% of the calorie intake should be healthy but due to what’s in my fridge and the food that is cooked in my Haitian family,I can’t avoid the unhealthy foods at all . I try and match the recommended calorie intake but I only reach about 500-570 , I don’t dare to eat any more than that cuz I know if I eat more than that I would have to eat the unhealthy foods that are in my house ! I know eating that little isn’t healthy and also I’m not losing any weight at all. Senior week is coming up in 3 months and I know I can lose 20 - 30 pounds beforehand if I exercise for 30 to 45 minutes twice a day . But how will I do that if my fridge is full of mostly unhealthy food and small amounts of healthy foods ?

Please help