Double check your bloodwork!!

Gr

I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 16. I went to see a new GP a few months ago and he decided to run a full blood panel. My testosterone levels were at 750 ng/dl, which my doctor told me confirmed my PCOS diagnosis (like I didn't already know I had it 🙄). Anyways, a couple of months later I was at my endocrinologist to adjust my meds and she looked at my blood work and told me anything over 200 ng/dl in women is almost certainly OVARIAN CANCER. An androgen secreting tumor, to be exact. She had no idea why the other doc told me everything was ok. She referred my to an oncologist, who scheduled me for surgery and ordered another blood panel to see what my testosterone levels were at then. It took a week for the lab results to come back and they were COMPLETELY NORMAL. My testosterone levels were 9 ng/dl. They told me my original panel was probably switched with someone else who had cancer, or an adult male.

I was fine in the end, but it was a horrible 3 weeks. Long story short, make sure you stay knowledgeable about your results and don't just go off what the doctor says! If I had had cancer, that would have been two months I went undiagnosed while my tumor progressed.

The normal range of testosterone in women is 0-4 ng/dl

With PCOS: 6-90ng/dl

Stay informed!