Prayers needed! Possibly misdiagnosed?

So not long ago I was told I was having a chemical pregnancy.. we were so sad and devastated. My hcg had gone down to a 40 (i was estimated to be between 3 and 4 weeks along) they only saw a gestational sac on the transvaginal ultrasound. Fast forward a few visits later they were still doing my blood work to make sure levels were going down as they should for a chemical pregnancy (early miscarriage)... but today we found out something we were definitely not expecting! My levels had gone up to i think 117?! Does this mean there is hope for us? The doctor is having us come back in a week to see if things are progressing better or if I am still expected to miscarry. The crazy thing is I had a weird week long medium heavy with some clotting period. I assumed that was my chemical pregnancy... now here we are a week n a half later and my hcg levels have increased? Ive heard many women have "normal" periods while pregnant and dont even realize theyre pregnant because they continue bleeding as usual.. i guess my question is, is there hope? Or should we expect a sudden hcg drop again and miscarriage? Ive never heard of such a crazy extreme.. ao very confused. Our faith in God is strong and we know either way he will provide and takw care of us. A week is a long time to wait for more solid answers but hopefully someone here can reassure us! Thanks ❤