First Period After Loss

Al

In late February, I was 12w pregnant with my second child (a boy) when major fetal abnormalities were discovered during the NT ultrasound. I terminated the pregnancy and we got the go-ahead from my doctor to immediately start trying. A few weeks ago, I started having pregnancy symptoms and had a slew of positive pregnancy tests but bloodwork revealed it was just holdover hormones from the last pregnancy. In retrospect, I was probably ovulating, because I finally got my first period tonight. I feel such a mix of things: sad about the loss, relieved my body is back to business, irritated I didn’t get pregnant again the first shot. I had such big plans: my sister is 15 weeks pregnant right now, thanks to <a href="https://glowing.com/glow-fertility-program">IVF</a>, and we were so excited to be due a month apart. I’m still so happy for her but her updates can be hard. Most days I’m fine, but I was feeling a little down tonight, and I just wanted to vent to women who have had similar experiences. Man, I hope I get pregnant again soon.