Ribcage tattoo and pregnancy

Rachel

I don't know very much about this so please forgive me if I don't use the correct terms. Because I don't know much about it is also why I'm here and would appreciate any advice, insights, and experiences anyone has.

I've been thinking about getting a ribcage tattoo for about a year now. I don't have any other tattoos, so I wanted to give myself plenty of time to think it over and see if it's something I actually want, turns out it is! 😁

But my husband and me have also been talking about starting our journey to have a family and I've been wondering how a tattoo like that holds up during and after pregnancy. I wonder if I should wait till after we are done having kids, but we want about 3, and not very close together, so if I waited it would be quite some time.

I would love to hear all of you beautiful ladies' experiences with this or any advice you have to offer ❤

UPDATE: Thank you all so much for sharing your input and experiences. I don't plan in having it go down my stomach area, so from what you have all said the tattoo will likely remain looking good. I'm so excited to actually go and do this!