Help! Relationship Advice needed! Who comes first?

Okay, here it is,

My husband is bi-polar. We had a baby 8 weeks ago but he has been on a steady decline for easily 14+ months. He sleeps all the time, is dirty, has no selfcare, is lazy and basically treats our home like it’s a hotel and I’m house keeping. He shows very little interest in our son or me. Shows zero affection towards me, and does zero towards the care of the baby and when I get frustrated or run down he basically attacks me verbally and emotionally stating he makes the money and has the job (I’m on mat leave) so I should pick up the slack.

I’ve begged him to get help on several occasions and he doesn’t. I have told him I can’t do it anymore and he thinks I’m playing chicken. I’ve left a few times to stay with family to get clarity and space to try to get him to refocus on myself and the baby but it only re-focues him for a few days and then we go right back..I finally snapped and told him I was done. And that o could live this way anymore. I asked him to leave and he refused. So I said I would and packed everything, he knew I was serious this time. He left for work and then texted me a few hours later saying he thinks he needs to go to the hospital for mental health, I said that was a good idea. We went the next day and had him assessed and he has been formed which means he will be held for at least 14 days for evaluation and treatment.

SO, my question is this. I feel like I have to stay now and support him getting help and try to help him fix him, and then try to fix us.. but I feel like he trapped me. (And yes I feel terrible for saying that) I feel like I have to stay, and I’m horrible i don’t try to help him heal. But he waited so long he has done so much damage and I was done... it took me months to get here and I don’t know how to walk it back.

Help! Do I have to stay and try and support this huge step he has taken? Or do I say too late? And go.

I am twisted in knots over this so please try not to judge. I’m just looking for advice. I want my son to have a mom and dad that love eachother and set a good example for him.. I hate to throw it all away.. but is that a reason to stay? When is enough enough?