Am I wrong?

Financially me and my partner have been struggling for months, it’s hard to maintain a decent life even with 2 incomes in Cali. We’ve been trying to start a family and today I was thinking hard and long about it and our options. I told my SO if he’d be open to moving out of state we’re we’d paying less rent + can save up for a home to start a family + I can go back to school + we can travel and start living again instead of just working and pay bills like we are doing now. He said he was open to it that all he needs is me because I’m his family & that we could discuss it over dinner... dinner came I brought it up and I could already tell it was a no but that’s not why I’m hurt it’s because later i told him “never mind about it I know you don’t want to...” he said “I can’t leave my brother I need to take care of him...”

😑 mind you his brother is a 30 year old grown man! So I’m just like you’re gonna hold us back on a possibly great opportunity for us to grow and to create a family because of your 30 year brother needs a room to rent from us???? Because he can’t stand on his own feet???