In case someone needs to hear it

El

I wanted to provide a little encouragement to any ladies going through your postpartum journey and feeling like sex might be different forever and you’ll never get back to the way things were.

Those were exactly my thoughts. My husband and I still had newlywed sex drives when I got pregnant and still decently high during pregnancy. After giving birth and continuing to breastfeed, my sex drive was basically gone. Like, GONE. Hubby was VERY sweet about respecting me and my body as it healed and boundaries, but I could tell he was a little hurt that it seemed like all of a sudden that piece of our relationship was gone. And I felt like I wanted to give that to him, but I was too self conscious.

Tonight, at five months postpartum, when we both went to bed, we finally got to have a wonderful night of spontaneous sex that actually felt good and was enjoyed by both of us. I’m not going to pretend this is nothing, and I’m so grateful we’re getting back to our old selves.

I was physically ready LONG before I was mentally and emotionally ready for sex again. Physically I was ready to go at 4-6 weeks PP. Emotionally, it took this long. Five months. My drive still isn’t all the way back, but it’s coming too. Ladies, you’ll get there too. I just never thought I would, so I’m sure someone else out there feels it too. You can have fun and play and feel good down there after baby!! It just takes patience, love, and lots of LUBE. 😂🙌🏼❤️