In-laws Visiting For Birth

El

I’m at a complete loss as to what to tell my in-laws as far as coming up for the birth.

They’re going to have to fly up and then possibly either drive 4 hours or take a small plane trip to our town. It’s pretty remote and I’m not sure which they are planning on doing.

I have a gut feeling today that I should tell them to come up soon, but I’m still not sure. My father in law will only have about a week or so, my mother in law can stay longer.

I’m starting to have real contractions more often, but still not enough for it to be real labor. I’m 37w 4d but my OB says her best guess is somewhere around 38 weeks. I’ve been 70% effaced since 34 weeks and have recently started having more discharge and more pains down there.

I’m hopeful at my appointment tomorrow she will tell me I’m starting to dilate. But, I still have no clue at what point to tell them to come up. Any advice? I know it’s next to impossible to guess accurately, but I feel they’d be really disappointed if they weren’t here while I was in labor.