The Waterpark- Part 22

“ I’ll uh, leave you guys to talk.” Jaime says, rubbing my arm. I nod and squeeze his hand. Him and Carter nod at each other when he leaves the room. Carter walks towards me. I start to push myself up, but wince.

“ Woah, woah. Take it easy.” He says rushing to my side. I push myself all the way up and sigh. I look up at him.

“ I don’t know what to say, Carter. I’m sorry. I’m so so sorry.” I plead.

“ I know. You can’t help who you want. I know that better than anybody. But doesn’t this whole thing feel a little...Stockholm syndrome-ish?” He asks. I laugh a dry laugh.

“ I wasn’t held long enough to develop it. Plus, I don’t think it counts if you already loved the person.” I say, somewhat defensively. He laughs.

“ Right. You know I had this whole speech prepared about how you belong with me and not Jaime. And how he’s a monster and you shouldn’t be with him. Then I realized, I couldn’t use it.” He deflates.

“ Why is that?” I ask.

“ Because it isn’t true. You know? You and Jaime deserve each other. You know why? Because you’re both conniving little bitches.” He hisses, standing up.

“ Carter—.” I start.

“ No. I asked you. I asked you point blank. Point. Fucking. Blank. If you still loved him. And you looked me in my eyes and you said no. You said no.” He finishes, turning around.

“ I didn’t think I did.” I say. He turns around.

“ Oh you didn’t, did you? Yeah, but right after I said I love you, you figured it out.” He fumes.

“ Carter I—.” I begin.

“ Just don’t, okay? Just fucking don’t.” He walks to the door, leans against it, then walks quickly towards me.

“ Shay. Is there any way that this is just unfinished business o-or closure you need from him?” He pleads. I look up at him. I look up at the green eyes that drew me in and refused to let go. I start to cry. I shake my head no and watch through tears as the green eyes that were once sweet turn from sad, to furious to soulless. He turns around and runs his fingers through his hair.

“ Fuck.” He yells. He picks up the chair and throws it down. He knocks food off of trays and throws the trays at the wall. Suddenly, a sharp pain hits my abdomen. I clench my stomach and lean forward. Carter is still in his rampage. I try to get his attention but it’s no use. Out of nowhere, my head drops to the pillow and I feel my body start to convulse.

“ Oh God. U-uh. Jaime?!” Carter calls. Jaime rushes in.

“ Fuck. Okay.” He carries me out of the hospital bed the same way he carried me out of the car. He walks into the hall.

“ Help! Someone help!” He yells. Through my convulsing eyes, I see a nurse with a stretcher headed towards me. As soon as I hit that stretcher everything goes black.

We’re moving fast. I can tell. Maybe bright lights cure seizures. Because as soon as I looked into that bright light, everything went black and my body stopped convulsing.

Part 22?? I love reading your guys’ comments, it makes my day! I love that you guys are as invested in this story as I am. What do you guys think so far? Thanks for reading another chapter!💕❤️