should i drop him?

so currently i’m trying to work things out with my ex let’s call him cody. cody is away at boot camp so we obviously don’t get to talk much but we’ve agreed to stay loyal to eachother while he’s away and figure out details when he’s back. well one of my best friends let’s call him mark came out and told me that he’s in love with me. i talked through it with him and told him kindly that i don’t feel that way and i’m working things out with cody and he said that’s fine and he respects it. well since then he still calls me cute all the time and we were on facetime last night and he said “why can’t we just date, we’re literally perfect for eachother” and i laughed and then he said he knew i was working things out with cody but he’s always there. i’m starting to question whether i should drop mark as a friend out of respect for cody. i wouldn’t want cody to be friends with a girl who was calling him cute and stuff and asking to date him. mark is also a really good friend though. i’ve already told him multiple times that the compliments and other stuff has to stop and it hasn’t.