Took on Meal Prepping 💪🏼

Katelynn

I’m 20 weeks pregnant, my 11 month old is super clingy to me and her daddy works 5-6 days from before she wakes up to bedtime so cooking dinner was becoming near impossible. Feeding myself during the day was becoming near impossible, I was not getting healthy foods. I use to get up an make him breakfast before he left for work but I’m so tired I was having a hard time pulling myself off the bed. So Sunday’s have become meal prep days. I make us breakfast, lunch and dinner for the week. I make enough for baby to have her meals prepared too! Ahhh sweet relief 🙃

Most of my recipes are variations of things I found on Pinterest. I don’t really like following recipes to a T lol.

For breakfast so far I’ve done:

-Blueberry Oatmeal cups(Pinterest) w/ hard boiled eggs and watermelon

-breakfast bowls with roasted potatoes, scrambled eggs, salsa, cheese, and banana peppers

-baking sheet pancakes with mini chocolate chips and peanut butter chips (you could do toppings of your choice) with sausage links and fruit

-omelette muffin cups! (So many variations! Look up on Pinterest)

Lunch/dinner:

-my tacos recipe with Mexican rice and the toppings in little snack bags

-Italian chicken with roasted veggies and rice (marinate chicken for 30 minutes in a little olive oil, Italian seasoning, S&P, minced garlic and onion)

-Greek chicken (I got this one off Pinterest. I didn’t love it but my fiancé did, minus the cucumber lol) with rice

-chicken meatballs with mashed potatoes and steamed veggies

-bbq chicken, with baked beans, green beans and roasted sweet potatoes.

-burrito bowls (rice, black beans, meat of choice seasoning with taco seasoning, corn, cheese and salsa)

-mini meatloafs (I shred a zucchini in mine) with Mac n cheese and steamed veggies

I’m absolutely no expert! I just started this two weeks ago lol. I just make stuff I know can last a 5-6 days and that we will eat lol. I found making the sides first (mac n cheese, rice, mashed potatoes etc) helps me as well as keeping a couple of the sides the same so I don’t have too much going on lol.