2nd c section advice wanted.

Valerie

My first daughter was a scheduled c section. I was not super nervous and had watch many videos and had an idea what to expect. But once I got the spinal and was layed down I felt like I couldn't breath. I knew logically I was but I couldnt feel my chest moving and laying on my back that large it's hard to breath in general. I have a slight phobia of not being able to breath ( like I cant scuba dive either) so anyways I had a panic attack. The anesthesiologist tried to calm me and reassure me by showing me my O2 levels but I lost my composure and he ended up giving me something to help calm me down. But then I ended up high as a kite and was so out of it I didn't get to take in those amazing moments of my daughter's birth.

My question is does any mamas out there have any advice or suggestions to help so that I dont have this happen again? I thought I would be okay if I knew what was going to happen and mentally prepare myself this time. But today at my check up appt when I laid on my back for measurement and heart beat I felt that same fear creep up again. 😔. Help. 2 weeks till the surgery!