Bf broke up with me cuz I have anxiety??

I’m 18 and my.. if now ex bf is 19. This was my first relationship and we were together for almost 8 months.

He just called my yesterday saying that he doesn’t think things are working out and that he thinks we should break up. I asked why he doesn’t think things are working out and if I did something and he said no but that he doesn’t think he’s the right person for me cuz he can’t help me with my anxiety ..

*btw he always knew I had anxiety but I tried to hide it as best I could for the first like 5ish months. I don’t really like to talk and open up to ppl ab that. After that though I wasn’t putting effort into hiding it. My anxiety has gotten worse lately and I have an anxiety attack at least once a day if not 5/7 days a week. Some are worse than others obv. I wouldn’t talk ab it that often with him. Only if I was having really bad nights. And yes sometimes I did cry in front of him two times , both when we were at my house. This shits terrifying when it gets bad*

So is it just me or did he break up with me bcuz I have anxiety and didn’t realize how bad it was?

Cuz everything had been going great and I just don’t understand. And like I said above , this was my first relationship and I just want to know how your relationships are going if you have a mental illness and what ur partner does. Is he a douche bag or was a putting too much on him or what? Cuz as of right now, I don’t think anyone is gonna be able to put up with me and my issues.

** not commenting below to keep it anon. But usually my anxiety sticks around for about a year or so, then goes away for 1-2 years, then comes back. Pretty sure that’s hormones. But every time it comes back it’s like I have to remember how to deal with it, I have to get back to my doctor, get back to my therapist (cuz when my anxiety leaves I ditch the therapist cuz that shits like $300 each session) , find a new medicine or get the same one. So it’s a long process but for the most part, I eventually get it under wraps. Just takes some time. Though the anxiety attacks r new **