LO is 7 weeks old- question about CIO

Sandhya

Hi All

Firstly I'm using the term CIO very very loosely. I'm NOT sleep training my LO but something happened today that piqued my curiosity about this.

My LO - 7 weeks sleeps fine during the night (most of the time) with 1-2 feeds. He is a terrible napper and till today I would go in everytime he would fuss, pick him up and put him back down to sleep ...only to hear him cry 2 minutes later. We have averaged 20 minute naps at most.

Today, I was home with him and heard him start crying during nap time. He had fallen asleep and woke up 20 minutes later crying. I was physically not able to get to him in time, had pumps attached to boobs, shoving food down my mouth and shushing my dog before he started barking at the mailman all at once #missingleisurelydays. He cried for a minute, then stopped, cried again after a minute for 30 seconds and THEN slept for 40 minutes straight!!!! Like deep sleep!!

40 minutes later, he cried again and this time I waited outside his door and let him cry for 45 seconds (I was looking at the clock) and was prepared to go in by the 2 minute mark. But he fell asleep AGAIN and is still sleeping now.

I am so torn about whether I should continue to do this. I want to provide comfort to him and know his feeding schedule pretty well, so will attend to him when the time to eat is nearing. But my question is, if my LO has been fed, had a recent diaper change, shows he is tired and put down to nap can I let him cry for 2- 3 minutes MAX to see if he will go back to sleep?

Anyone in a similar boat?