Feeding his addiction

Alyssa

So my husband is a huge junkie.....for classic rock 😂 he collects vinyl records and concert tickets. He’s worked shows for artists like Aerosmith and has met Steven Tyler and Joe Perry. He’s met so many other musicians and famous people. (He’s from Vegas and I guess that’s the place you want to be to get these kinds of jobs and opportunities). So anyway, he kept moving to Maine (where I’m from, born and raised at the tippy top of the state in the middle of nowhere) and he told me “I know it’s going to sound corny and all, but I just kept feeling like something was pulling back to Maine and you of all people know there’s nothing here. But, I really think it was you. I think my heart knew I’d find you and your girls and I’d find my place in this world.”

So, yea, he’s right, there’s nothing here. But occasionally we get some good concerts (even though I’ve NEVER been to one, always wanted to but never got to.) and John Fogerty is doing his 50 Year Trip tour and I jumped at the opportunity to get tickets. It’s our 1st anniversary and typically the traditional gift is paper (score!) so I originally was going to make a years worth of origami hearts with messages inside. But that went out the window when he found them months before our anniversary. So I decided to paint something for him and add a touch of nerd to it (we both love the arts and movies and all that, especially Harry Potter!) so I surprised him with this trip to see John and this painting. Needless to say he was speechless and teary eyed.

The show was almost 3 hours long and we never even sat in our seats, we stood and he would pull me in to dance the entire time! He told me “I know you’re not a big fan but I want you to know that I have a list of people I want to see perform and I know at least 75% of them I’ll never see. John Fogerty was on that list. So I need you to know you made a dream of mine com true. I appreciate that and I appreciate you so much and I love you more than you know. Someday, I promise I’ll be able to get tickets and bring you to see a band that YOU love!”

Picture of us on our wedding day 08/10/2018