My birth story. Placental Abruption

Cheyenne • October 19 👼 Rainbow due 08/28/19

So I just wanted to share with you guys. Last night I was having pretty steady contractions 10 minutes apart for roughly 5 hours. Me being 38+2 I knew he could come anytime and we were just waiting for my contractions to get closer together. I finally fell asleep at about 1 and slept for a couple of hours. I woke up at 7:45 this morning to get ready for work as I usually do and turned on my shower. Decided I had to pee before I got in the shower and as soon as I sat down I felt a gush. A gush so powerful it was like I had turned on my sink at full blast. And then I realized it wasn't pee, or my water, it was bright red blood. My body was pouring blood so violently I have never been more in shock in my life. I screamed for my husband who was sound asleep in bed. I screamed for him several times actually with each scream causing my body to pour blood more profusely than before. After about the fifth scream I shoved a bath towel between my legs and ran to the bedroom screaming my husbands name and leaving puddles behind me. When he woke up he took one look at me. There I was naked, blood pooling at my feet as I had already soaked through the bath towel, looking more terrified than I had ever been in my life. He screamed a sound that I've never heard him make before. Grabbed me up and got me in the car. We called the hospital along the way. We both had no idea what was happening. We are both first time parents having lost our first baby last October, our rainbow baby had been our miracle. A perfect pregnancy. They had a lady waiting at the door. Got me in a wheelchair and brought me inside. The entire time I'm screaming through contractions and bleeding all over the hospital. I beg the nurse to check his heart rate as I haven't felt him move since I woke up. I don't care what happens to me as long as he's ok. They strap my belly up and the steady sound of his heart was the most amazing thing I've ever heard. The doctor comes in and says shes going to check my cervix and see how dialated I am. She tries to check it and looks at my husband and says "there's so much blood I can't even feel a baby in there". They grab the ultrasound machine and check his position meanwhile my husband asks if we are having this baby today. The nurse looks at him and says "were having this baby within the next 30 minutes". My son was born via emergency c-section at 9:05 this morning. They told me I lost 2 liters of blood on the operating table, that's not including the blood I lost at home or in the car. They told my husband if we had stayed at home another 10 minutes we both would have died today. I am so blessed to be here with my beautiful baby boy. He's in the nicu because he swallowed ALOT of blood and I'm in recovery. They diagnosed it as a placental abruption. All I know is that today was the scariest day of my life but here is my miracle baby