Dance class

I’m new to dance, but I chose it as an elective because some of my friends do dance and it seemed fun and I wanted to try something new, and my schools classes welcomed beginners. But today during warm up my teacher was at the front of the room and everyone else was in rows and following along, she said we were doing splits or if you can’t do the splits you can do the half splits, but I haven’t done gymnastics or dance before so I didn’t know what a half split looked like. I was doing it wrong and I felt wrong too, so I asked my friend beside me if I was doing it right. She just whispered back “ I don’t know” and looked away and I felt so embarrassed and like everyone was looking at me. Then later we were doing salsa and I was having trouble picking up all of the steps, but everyone else seemed to find it really simple. The teacher separated us into two groups said that one group would do the steps and then move to the side and then the other group would go so that we have more room. I got confused and messed up and then later I heard someone laugh really really loud, and say “did you see the girl that got confused?” And I feel so embarrassed and so stupid. I feel like I should stay in the class and keep practicing to get better because I like dance and think it’s fun( minus the part where I just suck and am stupid) but at the same time I just want to leave and switch electives. I don’t know what to do.