Crush advice

Grace

I have crush on this guy whose dating this girl but it’s not as bad as it seems. He kinda seems like he is into me and I’m a natural flirt even if I don’t notice I’m flirting and he flirts back and gives eye contact every time we talk. He sits behind me in our class and I don’t know how to give hints or anything without him like ditching me to the curb. Btw they have only been together for like 3-4 weeks and rushed way too quick and it seems like it’s not gonna last. He’s not my type at all so I’m surprised. I’m into y’all dark and handsome and he’s a white surfer guy with a shaved sides and too much hair gel on top kinda guy.

Anyways here’s my idea. So my dad is taking me to a movie and dinner as a daddy daughter date like we did when I was little. So I was thinking of telling the guy I had a date but it’s not official and I’ll let him know how it goes and on Monday tell him that I’m not gonna go on another date with him because I realize I like someone else and stuff like I kept imagining the other guy being there but really I went to see an movie with my dad and told him all that so I could get his attention to see if he was into me or get him jealous. Idk if it’s a good idea let me know and tell me if you have an idea for me to do.