More painful than i could have imagined.

🌟CrysAnn🌟 • Princess born 10/4💖 pro-life, every life should be celebrated.

On Saturday October 3rd, 3 days over due, I finally lost my mucus plug. I didn't have any symptoms of labor besides that until around 10 pm when the contractions started. I also noticed my bloody show. It was bright red and more blood than i expected, but when i called labor and delivery they said not to worry about it. I decided to stay home to labor for a while because I didn't want to drive over the hill at night (1.5 hours to the hospital).

Finally at 4 am I decided to wake up the SO and get ready to leave. We finally arrive at the hospital at 8 am. The contractions are around 7 minutes apart at this time. I am dilated to a 1. I figure I would be sent home because there wasn't enough progress. The doctor, however, didn't like the amounts of blood I was losing. We thought it might have been related to placenta previa which I had earlier in pregnancy, so she ordered an ultrasound. At that point We found the ultrasound showed very low levels of amniotic fluid, so the Dr said We would be delivering today. At the next cervical exam there was more bleeding, I was dilated to a 2, and my water ended up breaking. Contractions increased and were then 3 minutes apart. The pain was excruciating. I can't describe how painful it was. I was to the point where I was screaming out in pain during every contraction. Despite my original plan to go without meds, I asked for an epidiral. The Dr had to do an exam to see if I was dilated too far, and it showed I was 3 cm dilated and at a -2 station. The epidural was a go. During the epidural I felt as though I had peed myself a few times (trying to breathe through the contractions). This wasn't urine afterall, it was amniotic fluid with meconium in it. I laid on my back to get the epidural meds to spread evenly but it made the baby's heart rate drop, so We turned me on my side. We watched that for a few more minutes and the Dr did another cervical exam. Said I was 3-4 cm dilated and still at a -2. Then when she removed her hand I was bleeding profusely. At that point she said We needed to do a c section immediately to save the baby and myself.

We were rushed into the operating room at at 4:34 pm my princess was born. She was 6 lbs 4 oz and 19 inches long. The placenta had stopped supporting her at some time prior which was why she was so small, but she was perfectly healthy.

The bleeding and pain was caused by my cervix tearing. After the baby was out they had to increase the incision hole to repair my cervix.

It is nothing like I had planned or hoped for in a delivery, but I have the most precious beautiful baby I could ask for.