Adult friendships - Crapshoot!😡

Te

I have always been an introvert and I have really tried to push myself the last few years to be less that way to open up to new friendships and now I am more disappointed than ever. I have given a lot of time and effort into friendships that have just been pointless. I am so frustrated.

Anyone else feel this way?

I made plans this weekend with 'good friends' of mine and my husbands and that are actually the god parents of our daughter and for the 4th time they flaked. Some lame ass excuse again, we had them as the witnesses at our courthouse wedding in June, and havent heard from them at all through the hardest summer I've ever had, I had to rehome our dog because he was being aggressive (I know this may not seem like a big deal but I was incredibly attached- he was a part of the family to me) and we have a small child and I was pregnant at the time, my 94 yo grandmother broke her hip and it was touch and go for a couple weeks and to top it all off, I had a miscarriage two weeks later .

And then they invited us to their sons 3rd birthday and we happily went and gave him his present and tried to talk and mingle, they barely talked to us and then the very next week flaked on our daughter birthday.

I just feel like adult friendships are a fucking crapshoot. I am so lonely and in need of a buddy to talk to and hang out with when i have the free time and I can't seem to find anyone that sticks around.