My husband is a mama's boy...

I am at a loss. My mother in law and I don't really have a relationship and it is affecting my husband and me. She never ask me questions to get to know me or my son from my first marriage. When I talk to her she will not look me in the eye, it is always either over my head or to the side of me if she even looks up from her phone. If I don't answer the phone when she calls because I am busy she will immediately call my husband and complain to him that I didn't answer the phone. He thinks I should always answer no matter who is calling even if I am in the middle of using the restroom. The last few times my husband and I have seen her, she didn't even tell me hi or talk to me until we had been with her for a good 30 minutes to an hour even if I said something to her. In multiple occasions she has made rude remarks to me about my husband and I regarding money and having more kids. I do not hate her. I want to get along with her and get to know her, but it seems almost impossible. My husband has told me I need to get along with her or else. I don't know what to do here...