Do you agree that a one time cheater shouldnt tell their partner?

Bo

I opened my news feed this morning to come across an article about Dr Ruth suggesting that one time offenders who feel guilty for their infidelity, should simply keep their traps shut about their one time mistake.

Now, if you recall Dr. Ruth, she's an older sex therapist, she had (may still have) a late night call in televised talk show called "Talk Sex" on either the Oxygen channel or WE tv, callers would talk about their relationship woes in exchange for advice from Dr. Ruth and typically at the end of her show there was a segment called "the hot box" where she'd show her viewers new and exciting sex toys and how to use them.

.... There's just something about watching someone your grandmothers age play around with sex toys that makes for a hilariously memorable and educational experience

Since I'm having technical issues uploading my post I'll cut it down to these two screen grabs on the article.. but the gist of the article is: if you've cheated once, and feel guilty for it: keep your trap shut. But..If you cheated multiple times: you need to open up about your infidelity with your partner.

Now typically I think doctor Ruth has some decent advice when it comes to sex and relationships..but I was actually pretty stunned by this advice she had given...

I mean we have all seen these post on here suggesting some poster doesn't love their partner because they cheated on them in some drunken rendezvous.. and generally when I see post where people are contemplating telling their partners they had a one time affair.. I try to keep my feelings to my self and not comment to tell them they've done something wrong.. because well honestly, they get enough feedback telling them they are shitty people for what they've done..but reading the article put a whole new light on the subject matter.

So, here's my questions:

- If you had a one time sex-capade you felt guilty about.. after reading this article, would you tell your partner?

Bonus:

- Do you believe in honesty, at all costs, is the best answer? 

- Do you believe that you can love your partner even if you have cheated on them?

Vote below to see results!