Looking for advice! LONG POST

I’m currently 38+4. My doctor had discussed with me at my 37 week appointment about induction at 39 weeks due to baby’s size. At that appointment I was already 3cm dilated and 50% effaced, my cervix had already moved forward and my midwife was convinced that I wouldn’t even make it to my next appointment. Flash forwards a few days, I woke up feeling not myself. Super dizzy, blurred vision, and little floaters in my vision. I called The office and they had me come in to get my blood pressure checked by a nurse. Nurse said it looked fine, but we did a round of labs, and I left a urine sample, both of which came back clear. Two days later I had my 38 week appointment. I told my MA that I was still experiencing the blurred vision and the unwell feeling, they took my blood pressure and it jumped to 142/90. They were immediately concerned. When the midwife came in, we discussed how they take blood pressure issues very seriously. She hurriedly listened to the baby, measured my belly and sent me to start the 24 urine collection to check for protein. I did another blood draw, and they also scheduled an ultrasound for the next day. They way they were acting made me feel as though things were about to happen quickly, and that there was major concern for my well being and the baby’s. Because we left in such a hurry to start the urine collection, the midwife never checked to see if I had dilated more or complete my membrane sweep that was supposed to happen. We also didn’t discuss my induction, or have time to talk about my other questions. After completing the 24 hour urine collection, I had my ultra sound which baby checked out as okay. I called the office later that day for the results and they told me they wouldn’t have an answer for me until 3 business days, which would bring us to Monday, leaving me to worry the entire weekend. They also told me that wouldn’t discuss the possibility of induction until the 39 week appointment, which would mean I would be induced closer to 40 weeks, which is not what I was originally told. At this point I am annoyed with the nurse I spoke to, so I just thanked her for her time and hung up. At my hospital they offer the patient portal where you can look up results of lab work. My 24 hour test has posted and it reads as HIGH. obviously I’m not a doctor, and I don’t know what the guidelines are but if there was an issue, or there was an issue on its way wouldn’t they be acting quickly? First time mom here, and I’m feeling like all my concerns are being brushed under the rug. Not to mention the anxiety and stress of waiting several days for an answer I thought I would have by now. I’ve been monitoring my blood pressure at home,and it’s consistently high.

If you made it this far...

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Am I just reading too much into their initial concern? I’m trying my best to put my trust in them, but when I left my appointment earlier this week the way they made it seem was like this was a life or death situation.

Also, if they were concerned about baby’s size then why would they wait to schedule the induction AFTER my 39 week appointment? Why wouldn’t I just wait until my due date? Since I didn’t get a chance to talk it out with them I’m confused about the rules/norm associated with the plan. I was thinking it would be done closer to 39 on the dot, only to try and prevent her from growing even larger.

Thank you!! Sorry for the rant, just feeling confused and torn about what to do and who to turn to!