Need Advice

Mareah Jade

So a little backstory, my baby’s father and I are not together, and were not together throughout my pregnancy, because he was emotionally abusive and draining for the two years we were together. His mother always enables his behavior, and was super overbearing and rude throughout the pregnancy to my family and I, and for the past 10 weeks since I had my daughter. She bullied her way into my hospital room while I was in labor and raised hell when she couldn’t be there for the delivery.

So after I had my baby, I used to suck it up and go visit her once a week (45 minutes away) so she could see the baby, but it’s been about month since I last saw her because she started a big fight with me over a simple boundary I drew with her. She’s done this a lot throughout the pregnancy and after.

A week after the argument, she has texted me saying that she misses my daughter and me, and if she can see us, but I haven’t responded.

Since then, her son has pulled all involvement from our (my) daughter. He stated that he does not want to see her if we are separated as he doesn’t want her to grow up knowing we aren’t together. Kind of stupid, because she’ll know either way.

Anyway, his mother knows he did this, as they are super close and are about to move in together, but she still breaks my boundaries and wants to be heavily involved in my daughter’s life. However, I’m not comfortable with the dynamic since her son is not involved, and neither of them have helped at all since we found out I was pregnant. She even wants us to move in with her AND her son (he’s a mama’s boy) so she can “help me raise her.” She continues to post about my baby on Facebook and implies that I won’t be able to provide as she grows. Mind you, I have a wonderful job making double what she does, and we are fine, but nonetheless, why would I live with her and her son when he doesn’t want to see the baby? I really just can’t stand the woman. She is so volatile and I don’t know how to respond to her, as I know I’ll have to say something to her EVENTUALLY. Any advice or positive vibes are accepted!